Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lab Day #1

I enjoyed the best type of emotional therapy today (well technically yesterday, since it is past midnight).

I went in for my first set of lab work today. It felt strange to go up to the OBGYN office and get handed a stack of six blood work orders and told it will make my life easier to just get a bunch of them now so that for the next month and a half each Friday I can just go straight to the lab (I guess "easier" is a relative term). Now comes the waiting, I am guessing that next Friday when I meet with the doctor I will hear my hCG levels from this week and I will be hoping that the blood they took from my arm today has a level anywhere below 20,000.

So about that therapy....
After Justin was done with class today we drove straight down to the San Diego Zoo. The temperature in itself was heaven. Watching Kaia's amazement as she gazes at the animals never gets old...and she now is in love with the panda bears and how they are always chewing on their bamboo sticks. I think one of the meerkats was dying...but Justin swears it was just taking a rest (on its back, in the middle of the cage, gasping for breath). Otters have more personality than I ever knew, they would not stop swimming back and forth in front of Kaia trying to get her attention...I think they just had never quite seen hair like that before.
Then came dinner in Old Town with the greatest friends ever. Friends and food make all of your troubles disappear (especially when the food includes lobster). I have decided that spending every weekend in San Diego is the answer for dealing with the stresses of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment