Monday, August 3, 2009

Dr. Consult/Lab Day #2

On Friday I got the great news that my hCG levels had dropped all the way down from 20,000 to 720!! This is a good sign that they will continue to go down and if that is the case, then chemo will not ever have to happen.
Besides the good news, during my consult, the doctor also told me that this was only the third molar pregnancy she has ever dealt with (and she is in her 50s). This really put into perspective how rare this situation is. She explained that she thinks the recommendations on molar pregnancies have changed and aren't as stringent as they used to be. She will need to discuss things with the oncologist, but she believes that once I get my hormone levels down to zero, then I might just need to keep them there for three consecutive tests before we can try to get pregnant again ( : In the end though, it will be the oncologist's decision since he is the one that deals with the risks of cancer and such.
On Friday I also had my second lab draw and will continue to have these weekly. I do not go back into the doctor for a visit until the 31st. So, as long as I hear nothing from her, it means that my hormone levels from the labs are continuing to drop.
Thanks to everyone for their support and thoughts!
Kaia is still asking every few days for a baby brother...and you know how spoiled she is, so I want to make sure she gets what she wants soon ( :

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that your levels have dropped so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete